July 24, 2006

When You're Hot ...

It's still hot - 9th straight day of temperatures over 100. Today it was 108; yesterday and the day before, the high temperature in Sacramento was 111 degrees! The library was closed from Saturday afternoon through yesterday because of a broken air conditioner, and when I went in this morning, they said it would continue to be closed until Thursday. So I turned around and came home.

Now I have an unexpected week off! That's great for me, as I can concentrate on preparing for my month in Hawaii: reading and returning library books, laundry, cleaning the aquarium, packing, selecting projects to work on and recipes to bring, and spending time with Laurel.

I will go in on Thursday to wrap up, change my voicemail and e-mail messages, and turn in my timesheets; then it's off to the (hopefully cooler) subtropics!

Check it out at the Weather Underground:
Sacramento
Kailua

No comments: