July 22, 2007

Harry Potter-Mania

So the hysteria is abating, and Harry didn't die. It was interesting to observe the silence in the 'burbs on Saturday, as people waited for their pre-ordered books to arrive in the mail. There was no traffic, no birds, no children making noise, no washing-machines, no leaf-blowers, no freeway noise, no helicopters or small planes ... it was uncanny!

Our book was delivered around lunch time, and the postman took a few minutes to tell about his son, who waited in line at midnight at the bookstore for his copy. Laurel immediately appropriated the book and finished it before bedtime. I lucked into a second copy, because my walking-buddy had a deadline project to do over the weekend, and she asked me to please take her copy so she wouldn't be tempted to read it. The proviso was that I must return it by this evening, which I did. So, Both Marty and Laurel have finished the book, and I'm about a third of the way through it.

On Friday, there were about 750 holds on the title at the library; here are links to the book and to the audiobook - watch as the holds are slowly filled.

No comments: