February 26, 2007

Aloha 'Oe!

I can't believe a whole month has gone by since my last post. I've been in touch with Carol in London, and with Michael via Skype, and with Allen Hall, son of Pamela (Soutar) Hall in Urbana-Champaign. There was a flurry of e-mails about Simon Soutar and his descendants. He certainly was a colorful character, and left very few of his many children who are willing to talk about it.

Tomorrow morning, I'm flying to Hawaii for a week to stay with my mom. Lea and Kathy will be flying to Philadelphia and Boston for auditions, and I'll stay in the house while they're away. Isy will be coming with mom to the airport to pick me up. Marty and Laurel will have to hold the fort by themselves for a few days .

At least Marty and I are mostly over the nasty rhinovirus that struck a couple of weeks ago. It behaves like the flu, with fever, aches, and chills, and then a most aggravating upper-respiratory thing that had us both coughing for a week. Marty is still feeling the effects, but I'm mostly over it - just a little bit of head congestion left now.

Well, off to bed - got to get an early start tomorrow.

No comments: