February 28, 2007

Hawaii, Day One

We had a beautiful morning - sun rose over the clouds and there was cheer and blue sky. We had an easy flight to Honolulu, arriving about 20 minutes early. After sitting for over 5 hours in the airport and on the plane, I opted to walk from the terminal to the baggage claim to wait for my ride to Kailua. David picked me up and brought me to Mom's place.

Mom looks very well, has put on a little weight, and seems to be using her hands better than when I was here in August. She's still getting around ok with the walker. We had a nice visit, then I hooked up the laptop and skyped Michael in Toronto. Mom was enthralled - said she could recognize Mike and Debbie, and finally got the hang of just talking to the computer screen - the webcam has a microphone, so she and Mike could chat a bit. We're going to try it again during the week.

The weather here was overcast and drizzly with a brisk breeze; in Sacramento, Marty said it started raining buckets around lunch time, and hailing! Can't complain - we need the rain. If it's not raining in the morning, I hope to go for a walk on the beach around sunrise.

Dave will be going tomorrow afternoon with Lea and Kathy, and they will be returning Monday, instead of Wednesday - so it's all good.

No comments: