October 31, 2008

Boo!

Some of us dressed up a bit for Halloween at Central - many as tastefully as I. (M says he's going to write a poem for me à la Dr. Seuss.) Most wore some version of black-and-white with headgear, necklace, pin, or shoes indicating the holiday. No dressed-up kids, though, except for the babies that attended the toddler-time program this morning.

L is with her friends in Kelseyville for the weekend - they're planning a bonfire, if it doesn't rain. so tonight is the first halloween in 21 years that I have not had a trick-or-treater in the family, and the second that I have not had to go walking around in the dark and cold following one. I think we're giving away apples this year, instead of candy.

Our rainy season has begun - it rained pretty good last night, and more is expected tomorrow and Sunday. We typically get no rain at all between March and October, so everyone is happy right now. I hope we get ample rain this year, because the last couple of years have been drier than normal, and the reservoirs are depleted. We depend on the snow-melt to keep us in liquid assets during the summer.

No comments: