October 20, 2008

Internet Librarian 2008

No, it's not an award I earned. Internet Librarian is an annual conference held in Monterey, CA every October. I first attended many years ago, and decided it is the ONLY library conference that speaks to the work I do on a daily basis. I am blogging the conference for the folks back at the library, so if you're interested, ... please click. There are also photos there.

Monterey weather is warmer than I remembered - highs in the 70s and lows in the 50s. I almost didn't need to bring a jacket. The Travelodge is still very low-end, despite the "upgrades" it's made in the last two years. Our front door lets daylight in along the jambs; there is mold on the shower curtain, there is no fan in the bathroom, so a strong odor of cleaning-products permeates the entire unit when we return in the afternoon. However, it is quiet, even though we have a first-floor room, and the beds are heavenly, with new pillow-top mattresses! I selected it both for the price and for the half-mile walk it forces me to make to and from the conference center. Nice foil for days of sitting in conference sessions, but I don't think I'll stay here again. Casa Robles, across the street seems to be a popular lodging - maybe I'll try them next time.

My "arthritic" hip seems to be no better or worse for the walking, though I am taking tylenol at breakfast and lunch, just in case.

No comments: