March 08, 2009

Reprising a Ritual

Time was, I would take the first week of March off and prepare our tax returns. For the past 3 years, we had an accountant do them, but last year, we had a difference of opinion about the correctness of the return. So this year, I'm reprising the ritual. I'm taking this entire week off to submerge myself in piles of receipts, credit card statements, and 1099s.

I've installed Turbo Tax (lazy - received the disc in the mail - or I would have purchased Tax Cut) and have already entered the information from my W-2. the reason I need the rest of the week is to go through Husband's paperwork and codify the financial picture of his business for the year. I hope to surface next weekend having filed both returns, so I can go to Kailua at the end of the month with no worries.

BLMurch's photo used with permission.

No comments: