July 03, 2009

Two Women, Three Tables

Met a new neighbor the other day, who has only lived on this street for 6 months. She invited me to go snorkeling this morning, and I was delighted to go along. She has a retired Thoroughbred jumper boarding near Pupukea, so we stopped there first to check up on him and give him some carrots. We then continued to Three Tables, making a short detour into Foodland to grab a sandwich for lunch.

The snorkeling was beautiful - saw many kinds of fish, including a huge, fat, bright blue parrotfish, a school of baby cornet fish, and lots of Moorish Idols, tangs, trigger fish, wrasses and boxfish. Next time, I'll even take a snorkel! (I had rented a "prescription" mask, but declined the snorkel and fins because Neighbor promised to loan me some gear. But she forgot - so I "snorkeled" finless and snorkel-less, and enjoyed myself anyway!

Tomorrow is the Fourth of July, and there will be a parade down North Kainalu from Kainalu School to the Kailua Rec Center. It goes right past Mom's street, so we'll walk the block down to the corner, set up our chairs under the big trees, and wave and cheer. If Mom goes to bed on time, I also plan to walk down to the beach to see the fireworks.

No comments: