May 10, 2010

Tra La! It's May!

It rained and stormed today! Gusty winds from Alaska and drenching downpours this afternoon made it the perfect day to stay indoors with a hot drink and a good movie. My friend and I, having missed it on the big screen, had planned to watch "The Time Traveler's Wife" anyway, since Monday is my day off, and we couldn't have timed it better! The meteorologist on the 10pm news said today had the "coldest high temperature for today's date" on record: 57 degrees! But it should be back in the 80s by mid-week.

I felt very proud that I was able to check off every item on my to-do list. I managed to do two loads of laundry, and a load of dishes, bus downtown to deposit a check and visit the California State Library to do an obituary look-up for my Cousin. Then I bought lunch and took it to A's for the movie. Afterwards, I picked up Daughter from school because of the rain, and we did a little more banking, went to the Post Office, and did grocery shopping. I boiled some chicken so Daughter could make Chicken Mole for dinner, ran the dishwasher and checked my e-mail.


Bouquet

For Mother's Day yesterday, the family took me out to lunch at the Queen Sheba Ethiopian Restaurant. When we walked in, the tiny place was packed! It smelled delicious, and our food, when it arrived, was tasty. They do not provide silverware, so guests eat by scooping the food up with pieces of a soft flatbread.

Husband is planning to visit his dad, and had mentioned he would like a digital camera. On the spur of the moment, I bought one for him yesterday, but the manual was, umm... less than adequate. He decided not to take it with him. I'll give him lessons when he returns, because it's quite an accomplished piece of personal electronics! And didn't it do a great job with the bouquet?

No comments: