December 16, 2011

Nine Days To Christmas

At first I thought a Sunday Christmas was a good thing. now, I'm not so sure. I grew complacent, thinking we had LOTS of time, Now, it's nine days to Christmas, and we have yet to:
  • Get our tree,
  • Write the annual Christmas letter,
  • Bake cookies and more cranberry bread,
  • Mail cards.
Instead, I've been playing DragonVale and obsessing over breeding a Reindeer dragon, a Blue Fire dragon, and a Crystal dragon.

That means I have today, tomorrow, next Friday and Saturday to make Christmas cheery and bright in this house, because I'm working right up to next weekend! I do have gifts, still hidden in odd spots about the house and not yet wrapped, so I won't need to do the whole last-minute-shopping thing, thank goodness. 

Tomorrow, we will drive to Davis Ranch to get our tree. We'll need to decorate it right away, so that means clearing stuff away in the living room, vacuuming and excavating the tree stand before we hit the road. We also need to replace our tree topper, because the old one broke last year.  Once the tree is up, I'll feel a lot better, and can go to work on Sunday with a clear conscience.

I'm planning to do a bit of baking this year for gifts. Will have to get that done ASAP, if I decide to mail away some of it. I guess they don't call it a Christmas rush for nothing!

No comments: