February 12, 2006

Winter's Work



Two winters ago, I re-discovered knitting. Until then, the only item I had ever knitted in my life was a ribbed hat, way back in the early '80s. But a couple of years ago, there was a group of library staff who met once a month after work to knit, and I picked it up again. Now I have discovered the world of novelty yarns!

The scarves above are my work over the last two years - think I have enough? I'm ready for a bigger challenge now, so I'm tapping into the yarns I won at the library's Christmas raffle, and will be attempting a vest as soon as I finish my current project: a short, lacy eyelet scarf.

There is a nice yarn shop called Rumplestiltskin at 10th and R Streets in Sacramento, where I discovered I can buy more of the same yarns that were in the gift basket. I've been requesting all the new knitting books I can find at the library, looking for that perfect vest - and when I find it, I'll buy enough additional yarn yarn to make it.

No comments: