February 23, 2006

A crowd, a host of daffodils!

I went for an early walk this morning, and as I approached the levee I saw a city parks truck spraying the weeds in the sidewalk. So I crossed the street to avoid the wet spots and discovered this stand of daffodils in someone's front yard! Daffodils are usually the first flowers to boom en masse in the spring, so, despite the cold, I know spring is arriving!

The "pillars" are now the "pillars and platform" - the platform being about a foot above water this morning. Didn't think to take a picture. And I discovered that what I thought, for the past couple of months, was a section of fence is in reality a picnic table with attached benches! It must have been swept away from someone's back yard by the high water and is now snagged in some fallen trees and other debris on the bank of the levee.

No comments: