December 25, 2006

Christmas Day



When teens go high-tech, it's a serious business! We got a new laptop for Christmas, and Laurel is moving all her iTunes from Dad's (business) laptop to Mom's (not yet set up for business) baby. (Note the headphones and iPod at her elbow.)

At last, I have WindowsXP, and can do more stuff online than I could with my old Win98 Gateway. My new Dell is tiny and lightweight - I'll be able to take it with me to Internet Librarian next October and blog with the pros!

The Gateway, by the way, is still fully operational after all these years, but the only thing I'm using it for now is online banking and Freecell. It still has a secure, but very slow, dial-up Internet connection that I trust for such things.

Now I have to decide what programs to install ...

No comments: