January 03, 2007

Can You See Me Now?

As you can see, I added my mugshot to the blog layout. It's a photo I took of myself with the little Logitech webcam that I bought for use with Skype. Some other time, I'll experiment with videos ... (Thanks for the pointers, Mike!)

I downloaded current versions of the programs Homesite and Cute FTP to the laptop. Homesite allows me to edit my web pages, and Cute FTP uploads them to the web. Therefore, I'll be updating the Owens' Outpost again, after a hiatus of a year and a half. Family news updates, however, will continue to be posted here. I'll be using the Outpost mainly for pulling together all the things I'm doing online into a links hub, so to speak. I'm still waiting for a new copy of Family Tree Maker - it should be arriving any day, now. Once I get it and install it, I'll have the laptop configured just the way I want, and I'll be a happy woman!

No comments: