June 09, 2008

Okay, I'm Coming In

I bit the bullet today, and ordered high-speed DSL Internet from AT&T. After a week in Hawaii with no Internet except for a half-hour per day next door, and after a weekend at home with no wi-fi, I gave up and decided to come in. Some adjustments needed to be made to the various accounts that will be bundled with the Internet service, but AT&T handled it efficiently, and it looks right now like the bundle with Internet added will cost about as much as I have been paying for the other two services: cell phones and land line. The wireless gateway is scheduled for delivery on Thursday; that will give us the option of being connected or using wi-fi. Assuming I can decipher the phone lines in the jack (there are three lines into our townhome; I am hoping to be able to set up my own connection before next weekend. Laurel is SO going to stay at home Thursday afternoon, so we don't miss the UPS delivery!

No comments: