November 05, 2008

How Many AT&T Service Reps Does It Take ...

... to upgrade a cell phone?

Five. One to greet us at the door and assign us to another sales rep. One to mess up the accounts and assign L's phone number to my phone, and mine to hers. A third to tell him how to fix it, a fourth to figure out that the second had dropped all the extra services (like unlimited family text messaging and unlimited data pkg for my phone) and to add an incorrect text message service to my phone only. The fifth service rep appears to have set things right, finally, after four hours of in-person and phone conversations and questions.

In the process, I managed to lock my online account, so Rep #5 also graciously re-set my PIN.

So - we're back in communication again. L can again both hear conversations and be heard. Text messages are again flying from phone to phone, both within the family plan and without; I can surf the 'net from my Blackjack again, I have a new PIN, and it looks like things are just peachy ... until the next time we have to upgrade a phone. But I'm NEVER going back to the AT&T store in the K Street Mall again!

4 comments:

PeonInChief said...

So that's what you've been doing with yourself!

annot8 said...

What a waste of time! Good thing we decided to sit down, enjoy our Jamba Juice and play with the new phone while waiting for the bus, else I'd have been receiving texts from L's friends all night! AND have been paing 15 cents each for them!

PeonInChief said...

I don't know which would be worse--having to read them or having to pay for them.:)

annot8 said...

Really, the worst part would have been the nonstop, all-night tweedledees from the d**n phone.