November 01, 2009

Internet Librarian

I came home with eyestrain and brainstrain this year! The eyestrain was from staring at computer screens and presentations for five days, and the brainstrain was from all the good stuff presented and discussed. It was really fun to have a buddy at the conference, but it was almost like experiencing it for two - it was Debbie's first library conference and there was a LOT going on! I am blogging my sessions at Annot8tions, putting up a couple of posts a day, or thereabouts. My photos are on Flickr. This photo shows the librarians playing with all the neat games and electronic toys at the Gaming & Gadget Petting Zoo on the first night.

The weather was perfect except for Tuesday, when a cold, strong (as in 40mph) wind blew down from the north in the afternoon. I had forgotten to bring a jacket, so I bought a nice fleece one for 12 bucks on the wharf, and a handmade fleece hat at the Farmer's Market for 10.

I got more out of the three pre-conferences this year than from the regular conference sessions, and would certainly consider doing that again next year and skipping a day of the regular conference. I now have enough to think about and apply to work to keep me busy until next year.

No comments: