December 18, 2009

7 Days till Christmas

FireThe tree is all decorated, there's a crackling fire going in the fireplace, and Husband is asleep in the La-z-boy. It's cold enough outside that we can really enjoy the warmth of the fire, and we keep it cool enough inside to require fleece booties and a sweater.

I finished my first cabled scarf, and now I'm looking for a new project for a toasty greyish tweed yarn I bought. But I may put that on hold for a while and stop by Rumpelstiltskin on Sunday to find some silk-blend yarn to make fingerless gloves for Daughter. It would be a crochet project, so I think it would be quick to finish.

Winter arrived like a brick - it was just fine, warm, colorful fall, and then suddenly there was a HUGE rain storm, and after that the temperatures dropped into the 20s. We're now in the midst of what the meteorologists are calling "normal" storm tracking, where every few days we have rain showers, followed by a few days of fog. The temps are also back in the normal range of 40-60 degrees. It's been a couple of weeks since we've seen real sunshine, and it's beginning to tell on everyone's tempers.

Daughter and I have been baking cookies, and will probably do a few more. No plans for a gingerbread house this year, though. I bought Christmas stamps today, and hope to get cards in the mail tomorrow.

No comments: