April 04, 2010

Easter Sunday, and the Heat's Back On

This has been a longer winter than usual - I failed to meet my Thanksgiving benchmark for turning the heat on, and I failed to meet my Valentine's Day benchmark for turning it off. The weather warmed up for a bit, and I turned off the heat during the third week of March; but I turned it back on two days ago because we're in the midst of another cold spell and rainstorms. (Outside high yesterday: 59, low: 40, temp inside: 60.) Running the heater on Easter Sunday?! Who'd have thought that would happen here in Sacramento!

I bought a kirigami page-a-day calendar this year, replacing the tangram calendar I've had two years in a row. Kirigami is like origami in that you fold a square piece of paper, but then you cut out shapes to form artistic works. The creators have had fun with Valentine's Day (hearts) and St. Patrick's Day (celtic designs). Now we're into spring - can you spot the bunny in the picture above?

Try it yourself with an unseasonal snowflake application from Make-a-flake. Here's mine.

No comments: