December 21, 2005

Christmas Timing

I think I outsmarted myself this year.

I always take the week after Thanksgiving off to do Christmas cards, prepare packages that need to be mailed, and make small gifts for library staff, and bake. This year, I took off the week before Thanksgiving. Not only was it too soon to be thinking about Christmas, but Fall was a long time coming and it was too warm! So, I didn't actually get around to any of the above, and went back to work with nothing done. And the weather changed on Thanksgiving Day, bringing freezing temperatures and a nice winter rain storm.

Now, since Christmas occurs on Sunday this year, and my work-week is Tuesday - Saturday, I am having to scramble on my lunch hours and after work to complete what should have been done weeks ago! I'm taking notes for next year.

No comments: