December 24, 2005

Perfect Little Pine Tree


Christmas Eve. This morning I went for a longer walk than usual, to work off those cookies I made a couple days ago. On the way back, I took a picture of this pine tree that sits in the middle of the bike path - the picture doesn't do it full justice, because in "person", it's a perfectly-shaped pine tree. However, in this photo, it almost looks like there's a Christmas star at the top ... and I promise my phone's camera has NO editing ability whatsoever!

Wrapped up the Christmas shopping today (comes from not having any days off this past week) and got an unexpected treat: after a solid week of rainy, foggy, overcast weather, the sun came out, and it felt like a spring day! We opened all the windows and the sliding patio door, and were comfortable in shorts and t-shirts for several hours. Sure doesn't feel like the middle of winter!

No comments: