December 22, 2005

It's Cookie Time Again!

There's something about Christmas that begs for cookies. Yesterday I made chocolate chip cookies and date bars. This evening, I planned to make spritz cookies, but real life intervened: no lemon extract, and the amount of flour in the recipe was inaccurate. The dough was so stiff, I couldn't squeeze it through the holes in the cookie press. So, I activated "Plan B" and rolled the dough into little balls and smashed them flat with a glass dipped in sugar. Not exactly what I planned, but they taste ok...

The thing is, holidays are all about food! I joined Weight Watchers in May, and have disposed of 35 lbs so far. It's been difficult to pass up all the goodies, and I have not been entirely successful, but I'm proud that today I was able to sit across from the counter where staff placed mucho goodies at work and only take two cookies! Tomorrow is my weigh-in, so I've got to stay honest until lunchtime, at least! During the holidays, I'll be happy if I don't gain any weight, and after the holidays, I'll get back on track to lose the remaining 65 lbs I need to shed.

No comments: