March 05, 2007

Hawaii, Day Seven

Today was my last full day in Hawaii. I leave around noon tomorrow to go back to winter in Sacramento, CA. Marty iand Laurel are eagerly awaiting my return - I'll get in to Sacramento around 9 p.m. Mom says she enjoyed my visit.

I was supposed to have lunch with Aunt Jo this afternoon, but she called early this morning to cancel, because she wasn't feeling well enough. We chatted a few minutes on the phone this evening, and I'll call her again before I leave tomorrow.

Dave, Lea, and Kathy returned this evening from their 6-day whirlwind tour of the east coast, and they are exhausted. No lights or sounds next door, so I think they're making it an early night. Lea will take me to the airport tomorrow.

I went to Kaiser this afternoon to have a sliver of glass removed from my foot - the doc thinks he got it, and my foot mostly doesn't hurt any more. It was so stupid! I was wearing slippers that were rubbing blisters on my toes, so after a walk on the beach on Saturday, I decided to go barefoot for one block to let the sand dry so I could brush it off and put the slippers back on. Somewhere in that block, I acquired a sliver of glass near my little toe in a spot that I couldn't see when I turned my foot up. So I limped around Saturday and Sunday, and went to Kaiser today. At least my tetanus shot is up to date.

No comments: