March 04, 2007

Kailua Beach on Friday Morning

I've been walking on the beach every weekday morning - it's only two blocks away - and the weather's been cooperative. The first photo is the "for sale" sign on Punahou School's cottage. Have no idea what the asking price is, but for beachfront property, I'm betting it's a couple of million. The next two photos are of the beach - looking toward the Marine Corps Battalion Headqarters on the Mokapu Peninsula.

I can't tell you how many hours of my life I've spent lying on the sand, body surfing, and walking up and down this beach with my dogs. It's almost a ritual to do the sunrise walk.

Yesterday, though, I got a sliver of glass in my foot and I can't seem to get it out. It's in a place on the little-toe side of the ball of my foot, just where I can't see it. Lilly tried to fish it out yesterday, but I think she only succeeded in embedding it more deeply, so when Isy comes tomorrow, I think I'll trot down to the Kaiser clinic and have a professional take a look. Can't be limping in the airport tomorrow - too far to walk!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: