March 07, 2007

Home Again

The flight from Honolulu to Sacramento yesterday was mostly smooth, with a few bumps about halfway. My seat-mate was a nice young man who lives in Honolulu with his wife and son, and works in Redding. He builds fire trucks, and has a painting booth where he paints semis (Wal*Mart is one of his clients.) He is a weekly commuter!

Today was a nice soft entry to the working world - an all-day leadership workshop about planning for the future. Tomorrow I go back to my regular routine at Central Library. I think I forgot to buy my March bus pass, so I'll have to pay cash for my fare in the morning.

Tomorrow I'll see about scanning some of the photos I brought back from Mom's collection. This time, I was concentrating on the Soutars; next September, when I go back, I'll pick up the Crosswells. I also need to burn a CD to send to Nicola for the book she's working on about the history of the theatre in Jamaica.

Tonight I installed skype on Marty's laptop and created a user account for him. That way, when he goes to Ireland, or Cancun, or Montreal, or Las Vegas, we can do the video thing. I installed it on David's laptop before I left Hawaii, and his daughter's eyes lit right up: her boyfriend lives in Australia!

No comments: